FENS 2020 Virtual Forum
FENS’ flagship event, the FENS Forum of neuroscience, took place as an online event on 11-15 July 2020: the FENS 2020 Virtual Forum. The Forum brought together more than 5,000 participants, 472 speakers and 58 exhibitors and united the international neuroscience community at a challenging time.
The 2020-2022 FENS Executive Committee started their term on July 2020, led by:
• Jean-Antoine Girault, President
• Dora Reglodi, Secretary General
• Harm Krugers, Treasurer
The FENS Forum 2022 Programme Committee is chaired by Angela Roberts (University of Cambridge, UK).
FENS will host its yearly programme of meetings and training activities and develop new activities, both in-person and online.
• ENCODS 2021, 4-6 June 2021 (virtual meeting) – organised by the ENCODS organising committee, with the support of FENS
• FENS Regional Meeting – 25-27 August 2021 (virtual meeting) – organised by the Polish Neuroscience Society and the Lithuanian Neuroscience Association, with the support of FENS
• The Brain Conferences 2021 (Rungstedgaard, Denmark, with the support of the Lundbeck Foundation)
> “RNA Mechanisms and Brain Disease” – 20-23 October 2021
> “Stroke: Why, how and hope” – 24-27 October 2021
FENS Summer School “Artificial and natural computations for sensory perception: what is the link?”, 6-12 June 2021, Bertinoro, Italy
Advocacy and Outreach (Engagement)
• Advocacy training sessions, for FENS member societies only – organised by FENS with the support of SfN
• Science communication events in Spring, Summer and Winter 2021 – organised by FENS with the support of the Dana Foundation
A series of online webinars – programme to be announced soon
The CAJAL programme for advanced neuroscience training, supported by FENS, IBRO and the Gatsby Foundation, has now been set up as an independent entity. Information about its activities on www.cajal-training.org
The ALBA Network is an initiative to foster equity and diversity in brain sciences. Supported by FENS, SfN and IBRO, this network will be developing a series of activities, such as podcasts and webinars in 2021. Find out more on www.alba.network