EBC MEMBER ACTIVITIES
The membership of the EBC consists of patient groups, scientific and professional organisations as well as industrial partners. As per its statutes, the EBC accepts as Full Members pan-European umbrella organisations with an interest in the brain. Any organisation that supports the aims of the EBC can apply to become an observer in order to contribute in an advisory capacity. Organisations or individuals that have contributed in an outstanding fashion to the aims of the EBC can also become honorary members.
NEWS, ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
Last year the EANS educational portfolio grew larger and more diverse, as more educational events were organised than ever, while touching a range of new topics that were taught by elite scientists of European Neurosurgery.
The EANS 2022 Belgrade Congress will remain in the EANS history as a legacy event. The programme included 11 plenary and 13 parallel sessions, 20 masterclasses, and 10 pre-congress symposia. The EANS family welcomed 1400 delegates from 83 countries, 42 exhibitors, 423 faculty speakers and oral abstract presenters, and 658 e-Poster presenters who delivered lectures of outstanding quality and interest. Having set extremely high standards after a spectacular Congress in Belgrade, the EANS2023 Congress will take place from 24 to 28 September in Barcelona.
Brain & Spine, the official journal of EANS and EUROSPINE celebrated its one-year birthday in July. What began as an exciting project has evolved into a truly revolutionary endeavor, aiming to make a huge impact in the neurosurgical and spine community. The Journal was recently indexed in PubMed, and therefore all articles published in Brain and Spine are now automatically uploaded to the journal’s website and to the PMC database.
This year at the EANS 2022 Congress in Belgrade, the EANS Foundation for Research in Neurological Surgery was officially introduced to the global neurosurgical community. This new foundation has the strict goal to provide a legally viable and transparent way for potential donators to support research activities in any neurosurgical domain, to support specific educational activities, and to fund initiatives for the improvement of care in a pre-defined context.
The Young Neurosurgeons Network: It finally happened and we couldn’t be more excited: The Young Neurosurgeons Network is up and running since our EANS2022 Belgrade Congress, when it was officially launched. The network aims to become the number 1 connecting platform of young neurosurgeons in Europe and empower every young professional in neurosurgery to achieve more, get better training, and more education.
Latest news / achievements
The European Association of Neurosurgical Societies is excited about what is next and invites those interested to become part of the EANS family!
The new year brings new beginnings to the EANS, the most important of them being our Congress in Barcelona, which for the first time will be organised entirely internally by the EANS office.
The website of the congress is also up online, ready for you to explore EANS2023.
EANS Training Courses & Exams, Hands-on Courses, Accredited Events, and Webinars consist the backbone of the Society‘s educational portfolio, while the annual EANS Congress remains as always the highlight of the EANS activities.
EANS Training Courses
- January 22-25, EANS Training Course-Vascular, Istanbul, Turkey
- May 14-17, EANS Training Course – Tumour, Thessaloniki, Greece
- August 20-23, EANS Training Course – Head Injury/Functional, Porto, Portugal
Specialised Courses 2023
- February 2-4, Bridging Neurosciences and Neurosurgery: New Frontiers in Intraoperative Neurophysiology, Verona, Italy
- March 31 – April 1, Eurospine & EANS Spring Summit 2023: Tumour & Infection Days, Budapest, Hungary
- June 8-10, 12th Annual EANS Young Neurosurgeons’ Meeting & Research Course, Madrid, Spain,
- September 7-8, 10th Annual EANS Vascular Section Meeting, Marseille, France
- November, EANS Advanced Course in Spinal Surgery Part II, TBA
Hands-On Courses 2023
- January 9-13, EANS Lyon Hands-On Course, Lyon, France
- January 17-18, EANS Spinal Step II Hands-On Course, Lyon, France
- March 7&14/20-21, EANS BOOT CAMP for Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Milan, Italy
- June 12-13, EANS Spinal Step I Hands-On Course, Geneva, Switzerland
- June 19-23, EANS Lyon Hands-On Course, Lyon, France
- November 4-7, EANS Cranial Step II Hands-On Course, Istanbul, Turkey
- November 9-12, EANS Microneurosurgery Course, Cluj, Romania
- November 21-24, EANS Cranial Step I Hands-On Course Brno, Czech Republic
- December 7-8, EANS White Matter Dissection Course, Tours, France
September 24-28, Barcelona Spain, EANS2023 Congress, www.eanscongress.org
Plans for 2021