EBC held the first 2016 industry board meeting, board meeting and general assembly on 25 and 26 May 2016. On this occasion, delegates from EBC’s member organisations and industry partners discussed the ongoing activities of the organisation and plans for the months to come. The National Brain Councils Academy Meeting and the VoT working groups meeting also took place on the 25 of May.
In particular, the following issues were addressed:
New member: A letter of membership application from the European Chapter of IFCN, the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology , was reviewed and presented during the Board meeting. Herewith, EBC is delighted to announce that the European Chapter of IFCN has become an EBC member organization.
EBC’s advocacy: Follow-up on ongoing advocacy activities was also reported upon, such as:
- Consensus Document on brain research in Europe
- Personalized medicine
- GOLUP Declaration
- STOA survey on the use of new technologies in the treatment of addictions: the first results of the interviews conducted have been reported.
- Responsible use of animals in scientific research and related citizens’ initiative
The EBC office presented the implementation of its Communications strategy and the developments of the website. A central achievement has been the printing of EBC 2015 Annual Report, which has been distributed to the participants.
EBC members: all members presented their main activities and achievements over the past year.
NBCs: During the NBCs Academy meeting held on the 25th of May, the representatives of the National Brain Councils have elected two delegates to sit in the General Assembly. Therefore, Pavle Andjus (Serbian Brain Council) and François Mauguière (French Brain Council) have been welcomed by the participants. Roland Pochet (Belgian Brain Council) has been elected as substitute.
Overview of current and proposed projects:
- Exploitation of Neuroscience population cohorts
Presentation of the new project “Not Myself Today”
Value of Treatment: A progress report on the development of the “Value of Treatment” study and further recommendations were discussed. You can read the full report here.
Call to Action: The outcomes and next steps for the Call to Action were presented and received very positively by the members.
EFNA Campaign “Under the Umbrella”, actively supported by EBC, was presented too.
- Dinner meeting with speech from Xavier Prats Monné, Director General of DG Sante
- Lunch discussion with Maria José Vidal-Ragout, DG Research and Innovation, and prof. George Gaskell, from the London School of Economics
- General Assembly with a speech of Mr. Robert Madelin, Senior Innovation adviser, European Political Strategy Center
EBC would like to take this opportunity to thank the delegates for their contribution to these meetings.