The 7th Academy Meeting of National Brain Councils was held virtually on 15th April 2021.
Prof. Monica Di Luca, President of the European Brain Council, started the meeting with words of welcome to the participants, followed by an Opening Address by MEP Tomislav Sokol (HR, EPP) on the perspective of a European Health Union. Pierre Delsaux, Deputy Director-General of the Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety, delivered his keynote speech and replied to the questions from the audience, focusing on the key role of Member States in developing and establishing a European brain health agenda.
Watch key moments from the Academy meeting through the highlights video below:
The Academy Meeting closed with a presentation by several National Brain Councils, showcasing the latest policy developments in their countries:
- Hellenic Brain Council (Prof. Cristina Dalla)
- Finnish Brain Council (Prof. Risto Roine)
- French Brain Council (Prof. François Mauguiere)
- Serbian Brain Council (Prof. Pavle Andjus)
- Spanish Brain Council (Prof. Jose Luis Trejo)
Learn more about National Brain Councils here.