The 2019 EU Health Policy Platform annual meeting was held on 17th October in Brussels, Belgium. On this occasion, the following joint statements, developed as part of the 2019 Thematic Network Cycle, were presented:
- Healthcare in cross-border regions – EUREGHA and Healthacross Initiative
- Improving Organ Donation and Transplantation – European Kidney Health Alliance (EKHA)
- Nobody Left Outside: Improving access to healthcare for vulnerable and marginalised groups – International Committee on the Rights of Sex Workers in Europe (ICRSE) and Correlation Network
- Improving Integrated people-centered Health Care Solutions (INCASO) – Mattone Internazionale Salute Programme (ProMIS)
The EU Health Policy Platform is a collaborative online tool, launched by the European Commission, that enables stakeholders to discuss a wide range of issues related to healthcare and share best practices. Anne Bucher, Director General for DG SANTE, highlighted that over 5000 stakeholders registered to the platform.
Potential topics for the 2020 Thematic Network Cycle were announced during the afternoon session:
- Colorectal Cancer Screening in the European Union
- Digital skills for future-proof doctors
- Profiling and training the health care workers of the future
- Interprofessional Education for Digital Skills
- A human rights-based approach to task-shifting: the role of peer workers
The conference report can be accessed here.