The Digital Transformation of Healthcare in Europe
Using digital tools to deliver care more cost-effectively presents a massive opportunity to relieve Europe’s strained healthcare systems. European Commission President-Elect Ursula von der Leyen has made clear her ambition to ensure that the next five-year EU legislative cycle (2019-2024) harnesses the potential of digital innovation to drive improvements in all aspects of healthcare: pledging to create a European Health Data Space, and to adopt legislation on AI in the first 100 days of office.
The upcoming event, “The Digital Transformation of Healthcare in Europe: Unlocking the potential of digital solutions for patients, healthcare providers and health systems”, will bring together leading players to debate the biggest challenges and opportunities facing the digital transformation of healthcare in Europe, and how EU initiatives and stakeholders can best work together to address them over the next five years.
The invitation-only event (followed by a cocktail reception) will be held on 10 December 2019, 17:00 – 19:00 at the Fondation Universitaire, 11 rue Egmont, 1000 Brussels.
- Ioana-Maria Gligor, Head of Unit, European Reference Networks and Digital Health, DG SANTE, European Commission
- MEP Eva Kaili (S&D, Greece)
- Member State representative (tbc)
- Catherine Estrampes, CEO of GE Healthcare Europe
- Boris Brkljačić, President of the European Society of Radiology and Professor of radiology and Vice-Dean at University of Zagreb School of Medicine
- Frédéric Destrebecq, Executive Director of the European Brain Council
- Ceri Thompson, Deputy Head of Unit, eHealth, Well-being, and Ageing, DG CNECT, European Commission
Moderated by Petra Wilson, Senior Advisor at FTI Consulting
Please RSVP your attendance to Morten.vonGlan@fticonsulting.com