The 3rd Academy of National Brain Councils was held again in Brussels this year, kicking off with the Meeting of the MEP Interest Group on Brain, Mind and Pain, and the Interest Group on Mental Health, Well-being and Brain Disorders Value of Treatment Parliamentary launch event on Early Intervention.
Representatives from 10 countries with established or upcoming NBCs attended to share their work, brainstorm together and learn from guest speakers. The guest speakers included:
- Ortwin Schulte, Head of Unit Health Policy, German Permanent Representation to the EU – The role of the EU in health policy and in health system development
- Carla Finocchiaro, CF Consulting Director – Participation in EU funded projects
- Philippe Amouyel, Chair of EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research
- Camille Bullot, European Patients Forum Director of Operations & Engagement – Toolkit on Building National Coalitions of Patient Organizations
- Donna Walsh, European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA), Executive Director – Training Initiatives for Neurology Advocates [TINA]
- Nada Sirotic, Research, Innovation, Space Attaché in Permanent Representation of the Republic of Croatia to the EU
Each NBC had a chance to present their ambitious work, experience, successes, strategies & paths toward establishing National Brain Plans within their individual countries.
Nearly 30 countries have formed, or are in the process of forming, National Brain Councils and National Action Groups which are independent but aligned with the main goals of the EBC. Learn more about existing NBCs HERE and explore the new NBCs toolkit